Have you ever misplaced your house key and needed to get into your home but didn’t have a spare? If so, you may wonder if there is a way to rekey your Kwikset lock without a key. The good thing about rekeying is that there is a way; we will show you how it’s done in this blog post. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
What is rekeying a Kwikset lock without a key, and why would you want to do it?
Rekeying a Kwikset lock removes the cylinder from the lock and then changes the pins inside. If you’ve lost your keys or simply want to change the locks on your home, you may be considering rekeying your Kwikset lock.
Rekeying a Kwikset lock without a key is possible, but it’s important to note that it can be tricky. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to rekey your Kwikset lock without a key:
How to remove the cylinder from the Kwikset lock?
To remove the lock cylinder from the Kwikset lock, you will need to use a screwdriver and then get the two screws that hold it. Once the screws are removed, the cylinder can be pulled out of the lock.
How to change the pins in the Kwikset lock?
To change the pins in the Kwikset lock, you will need to insert a new pin into each of the holes in the cylinder. The pins should be inserted until they flush with the cylinder’s top.
How to put the cylinder back into the Kwikset lock?
To put the cylinder back into the Kwikset lock, you will need to align the slots in the cylinder with the pins in the lock. Once the cylinder is in place, you can replace the two screws.
Tips to Keep Your Home Safe after Rekeying Your Kwikset Lock
1. Keep your keys safe: Keep them safe and secure where they can’t be lost or stolen. This is highly necessary if you have multiple keys for different locks.
2. Don’t give out spare keys: It may be tempting to give a spare key to a friend or someone close to you, but it’s best to avoid doing this. If the key falls into the wrong hands, it could be used to gain access to your home.
3. Keep an eye on your locks: Periodically check them to ensure they are in good working condition. If you notice any damage or wear and tear, it’s best to replace the lock.
4. Be aware of who has access to your keys: If you have a housekeeper, babysitter, or other regular visitors, keep track of who has access to your keys. This way, you’ll know exactly who to call if you lose your keys.
5. Get a security system: A home security system is a great way to deter burglars and keep your family safe. If you don’t have a security system, consider getting one installed.
6. Be cautious of strangers: Be wary of strangers who may try to gain access to your home. If you don’t know the person, don’t let them in.
7. Keep your doors and windows locked: This may seem obvious, but it’s vital to ensure all doors and windows at home or in your business are locked when you’re not around. Even if you’re just going out for a quick errand, it’s best to play it safe and lock up.
8. Don’t advertise your absence: If you’re going on vacation or will be away from home for an extended time, don’t advertise it. This can be a burglar’s dream come true. Instead, have a friend or neighbor keep an eye on your home while you’re gone.
9. Install motion-sensor lights: Motion-sensor lights are a great way to deter burglars and make your home more secure. The lights will turn on automatically when a person approaches your home, making it more difficult for a burglar to break undetected.
10. Be prepared: The most effective way to keep your home safe is to be prepared. Have all available plans in case of an emergency, and make sure everyone in your family knows what to do.
Who Can Rekey Your Your Kwikset Lock
If you have a Kwikset lock or a Kwikset smart key lock, you may wonder who can rekey it. The answer is that any qualified locksmith should be able to do it for you. However, if you want to ensure the job is done right, you may want to hire a locksmith specializing in Kwikset locks.
Keep in mind when looking for someone to rekey your Kwikset lock. First, you will want to ensure that the locksmith you hire is qualified and has the proper experience. You can do this by researching and asking your family members or friends who have previously experienced a locksmith for referrals and feedback.
Another thing to remember is that Kwikset locks are not all created equal. There are different types of Kwikset locks, including the Kwikset smart lock, and each type requires another method for rekeying. Therefore, ensuring that the locksmith you hire knows how to rekey your specific kind of Kwikset lock is vital.
Finally, you must ensure that the locksmith you hire offers a warranty on their work. This will allow you to have peace of mind in knowing that if something goes wrong, you will be covered.
With these things to remember, you should have no trouble searching for a qualified locksmith to rekey your Kwikset lock. Just ensure that you take the time to research your options and find a locksmith who meets all of your requirements.
Locksmith And Car Keys LLC: Qualified Locksmith to Rekey Your Kwikset Lock
Here at Locksmith And Car Keys LLC, we have the knowledge and expertise to get the job done right. We can even deliver you a free quote to know exactly what to expect. Give Locksmith Phenix City AL a call today to learn more about our services.